Saturday 22 September 2012

Wadup Naija Interview with Terry Tha Rapman

 Here is an exclusive wadupnaija interview with Nigerian Rapper and Hip Hop icon TERRY THA RAPMAN....
 
What are your Full Names?

Terry Terhemba Madaki

Where are You From?

Tiv boy from Nassarawa state

Can you recall what it was like growing up?

I grew up in Kaduna state. We were not too poor and not too rich,we just got by. My dad was a salesman and mother was a housewife but did several business,I guess that's where the hustling spirit came from.

How did your Passion for Music begin?

I discovered rap music in secondary school. I always loved music when my parents played it around the house. I first discovered L.L.Cool J from a friend and was hooked since then.

At what point did you decide to take up music as a profession?

We would mime popular foreign rap songs on stage during social gatherings,till my producer friend suggested I take this serious so I tried recording demos and perfecting my skills. Performing in higher institutions till I got a record deal.

Do you have any album yet?


Two albums... "Tha Rapman beginz & Boyz are Not smilin"

Which record label are you signed to?

Megaphunk records

What your genre of music?

Hiphop music

There are speculations that most celebrities are snobbish,Are you also a snob?


I don't think I am snobbish and I haven't had complaints. I think sometimes,fans misunderstand us. We are human too and have good and bad days,we might be moody too.

What your unique selling point?

My wit and humour plus I'm sexy! I think lool!

Who is your Role Model,And Why?  

Fela Anikulapo kuti,he was a pioneer and he was pace setter,originator and fought for what he believed in.

Looking at yourself  now,Would you say it’s a little boy’s dream playing out in reality?

I'm living out my dream and fantasy!


What should your fans be expecting from you soonest?


More crazy singles,collabos and albums. Maybe movies too!

Any last word for your fans?

Watch out 4 Terry tha Rapman this year! The movement is still moving,BANS even when we're smiling!

2 comments: