Sunday 4 November 2012

Wadup Naija Interview with Clay

CLAY (Bianca okorocha) is a Pop/Rock singer and songwriter from Imo state based in Lagos, Nigeria…She is amazing! I can confidently say there’s no musician in Nigeria with her voice. The quality, the “texture”… international standard!

Utilizing the unique sounds of Guitars ,Synths, Heavy drums, and sweeping string arrangements from her long time friend ,producer and label head “COLDFLAMES”, and a very unique haunting voice, Clay has stamped her authority as the rock-star to beat in Nigeria. Clay’s unique storytelling ability and timeless sense of melody has gained even more notoriety with fans.

She is Surely Naija Number One Rockstar..Enjoy Wadup Naija Interview with Clay….Leggooooooo




What are Your Full Names? 

My full names are Bianca Adanna Okorocha

Where are You From?

Imo state ,Nigeria

Can You Recall What it was Like Growing Up?

Growing up was really cool,I was in a choir as early as 8years old,always enjoyed singing. I particularly loved my teenage years(asides the slight hick of my parents breakup) I had so much fun,I was 1st a tomboy,then I wanted to be a gangstar lol,then a hippie who used to paint,then I became proffessional dancer,then I started dressing like a normal girl(I thought blonde hair was cool,lmao),then finally I became a punk/emo and that stuck till now.lol


How Did You develop Your passion for Your Kind Of Music?

Honestly,I can't pinpoint a 'development' for the passion,lol. I have just always liked rock,pop,country music(especially rock) and I have been writing rock songs since I was like say 13years or thereabout with little or no intention to sing proffessionaly.So that's it.

At What Point Did You Decide to take up music as a profession?

Like 4years ago,when I recorded a song for a friend at the studio,and everyone was like 'dude your voice is awesome,you should sing for a living,etc' and I was introduced to Coldflames(my producer) and the rest is history.


Knowing that your kind of music finds it hard penetratin easily into naija market..:How Has It Been?


Well,its not been so smooth. No1 problem is that,its hard to find labels/sponsors who are on the same page as I am. Most of them want me to change my style of music or change the way I dress,to be something I am not that kinda thing. Secondly,to infiltrate the present industry,you need talent and plenty of push(money and media hype).but by Gods grace i would get that big break soon,Amen.

Do you have any album yet?


No albums yet.

Which record label are you signed to?

Not signed,but I work/partner with a production company FLAMING ENTERTAINMENT.

Looking at yourself now would you say its a little girl's dream playing out in reality?


Well,as a child I wanted to be a star,but as a dancer! And besides I am not exactly a 'star' yet,so YES,real soon my little girl dream would be a reality.

What your Unique. Selling point?

Asides my style of music,I think that X factor is my voice (blushing)

Who is your role Model and Why?

Don't have a particular model,but there are poeple I look up to, celine dion,Dolores,Alanis,Adam lambert etc Their voices rock!

If It wasn't Music..what other profession would you have opted for?


Painting or dancing,I guess.

What should your fans be expecting from you soonest?

A new single,new covers,shows and of course Clay taking the industry by storm :D

Any last word for your fans?

Be yourself,fight for what believe in,tell yourself the truth,listen to reasonable advice,love unconditionally,don't be weighed down by problems,love God cos he 1st loved you,pray and everything would be just fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment