Friday 13 July 2012

Wadup Naija Interview With CYPHA TYTE



Chypha Tyte a member of a group known as Big chance and chypha Tyte ,Where they have to their credit hits like Shangbash ,Edikwanza,Ur turn and Remix of Harrysong Taiye n Kehinde …..He  is argueably one of the best vocalist from the eastern part of Nigeria...especially down here in Imo state ,Even Wande Coal confirm am..…He shares more light on his Musical career and  background with Wadup Naija…..Enjoy!!!

What are your Full names?
Chukwuebuka Edward Mcduff

Where is Cypha Tyte From?
Obingwa. LGA Abia State…But my Mom is from Isiala Mbano Imo State….{LocalHalf-Caste}

How Did you Develop your passion for Music?
Well,I am from a musical family so to speak..I wrote my first song ever in conjunction with my Mom…But I developed that little interest for Music by listening to a whole lot of Musicans wayback...


What is your Genre of music?
I am basically an R n B singer ….But these days we tend to fine tune it to have an african feel...So I would say Afro-Hiphop-R n B

How did you come about your Nickname?
Well,I didn’t  give myself the name,My friends from my university days gave it to me because we use to hang out and have freestyle sessions.  I was not a rapper but I could rap and I loved real hiphop,and I used to drop a lot of cyphas{punchlines}
After I defeated a lot of strong rappers way back… Then in school on a freestyle things,
That how they started calling me “Cypha Tyte”

What is your Unique Selling Point?
I have got  a voice like no other,A face like no other plus a style like no other and I am well schooled too!

What Advice has sustained you in life,Who gave you the advice?
My Mom once told me that “Change is the only constant thing ,That all we have to do is to Strive  to make such changes positive ones…..I guess that adivice  gave birth to one of my song “Onadigide” ft Emex Diddy..


Who is your Role Model and why?
Them plenty sha…….my number one is Micheal Jackson,After which I will  pick Usher because the Dude is such a hardworker…He is got  athe voice ,The face,The stage craft,But  he  still works hard to reinvent himself everytime….And Lastly Tuface Idibia….

Apart from Music what else do you love to do?
Acting…..

Which Record label are you Signed to?
I co-own PMJM Ent. With Big Chance and But is am Imprint sha ooo…..We are in talk with some Big names for a deal…When that happens you would be the first to know

Any Album yet?
Yes,We had a compilation album PROMO-JAMO Volume 1….It was a compilation  of songs from some artistes we worked with at that time….It came out  2009

Do  you have any regret in life?
None I can think of  right now …But trust me ,What ever regret I might have must have been turned around for my own Good eventually…

Any last word for your fans?
Wishing everyone everything Good in life plus a good relationship with God


No comments:

Post a Comment