Monday 21 January 2013

Wadup Naija Interview with K-Solo[@obaksolo]

He was born December 24 1980, and christened Solomon Oyeniyi (K-Solo). Hails from Ada Ikirun Local Government Area of Osun State, Nigeria.

He is a graduate of Electrical Engineering, at the Ilaro Polytechnic, Ogun State, Nigeria. With the intentions of going to the United Kingdom to gain his Masters Degree on Film Production.

He Started is Music Career at a very tender age most definitely in the church playing the local drums. Soon after he finished schooling, he got a Scholarship to go study music which he has always loved and passionate for, even though his parents were not in support of him taking it as a career he still went on............  Y'all Should enjoy this exclusive interview with K-Solo...Leggoo!!!!!!




What are your fullnames?

Solomon Oyeniyi

Where is K-Solo From?

Was Born in Lagos and an Indigne of Osun State, Ada Local Govt

At what point in life Did You Decide to take on Music Production as a Career?

Have started music at the very early stage of my life but after Graduating as an Elect Elect Student of wich God used music to fund my school. So I took it professional at that time. Now 13years doing music.


Is there any particular incident that made you decide to venture into music?

 There was never any incident, just the full love of music made me venture and at d early stage I took it for joke before it started fetching me money.

How Would you describe your style of music production?

I do strictly POP music. Don't mistake it, Check the meaning of POP music( Popular Music). Music that are widely accepted by various and numerous people of all category. So every song I do has an effect on General Masses day to day lifestyle.

What does the Name K-Solo Connote?

King Solomon.

In an industry where competition is rife,who are your role model?

Three Major People Internationally and Just 1 in Africa. Internationally is R.Kelly, Dr Dre & Wyclef. Africa is Paul Play Dairo.

How many album do you have to your credit?

 Have released 3 Album so far :- Ur Way Album, Ur Way Reloaded Album & Mr Pedigree Album. It takes a little much like Studio Booking, Producer, mixing&mastering engineer,PR,Marketer&media. Each are big and broad on there own ways.

Its No news that your the musical producer behind acts like Timaya,klever jay e.t.c...What's Your secret?

Mainly I Really don't know Physically speaking, But I believe its God because I never had an official Training for what I do... Man Make Plans But God Disposes.

2012 was a year of controversy for you...Can U Pls Clear The Air?

 There's really nothing to say, but  I'm a human being, so I am entitled to have my own emotions and and issues. But people should learn to mind their business. Bankers and other professionals go for divorce, but you will never see it on the pages of the newspapers.  

   And they also marry , but men should marry a woman who will aide Greatness and Success to there Career, like you  all know that have maintained a cool key Untill the Strange Woman Arrived  my World and tried all she could physically and spiritually to collapse my Empire. But any Foundation not Put by God will fall, with dis I double belive God built my Foundation. So in all she's My Past and the Son she says she has for me will surely 1day maybe even 20yrs 4rm now will find his Father but sad he might be in 2nd Class due to his Mothers Lifestyle.

   Yet Let people keep talking while k-solo continue to make money. As far as I'm concerned, Nigeria has bigger problems that we all need to focus on. We have issues of oil, flood, kidnapping, Boko Haram and all that. We have the Niger Delta and amnesty issues to deal with. I'm surprised people are still busy talking about whose home is breaking up and whose home is not breaking up. As far as I'm concerned, I'm living my life happily. Am sure her  son is happy where ever he is Life is about ups and downs. People get married and divorce for reasons best known to them, so people should celebrate the main reason they knew the name K-SOLO.

Could recount your most embarrassing experience with a fan?

 I got a female fans that sent her Boobs Marked I Love K-SOLO.

Looking @ urself now would you say its a little boy's dream playing out in reality?

Yes I swear, thank God am learnered, so I could make money out of the little dream.

There are speculations that most celebrities are snobbish,Are you also a snob?

 Kooo Jooor, I read my pings, I reply tweets, I host fans occasionally.

What your Unique. Selling point?

Don't really know how to say this, but Beauty Lye's In The Eyes Of The Beholder. I simple convey the Gospel of Reality.

 It wasn't Music..what other profession would you have opted for?


 Would love to be a Doctor though I graduated as a Elect Engineer. But if am not doing Music will be doing Music.

What should your fans be expecting from you soonest?

Hehehe....LOBATAN ALBUM Dropping 01-02-03. My 1st Solo Album No Collaboration.

Any last word for your fans?

 I don't have Fans yet everyone is my Friend for now till when I become a R Kelly I can now have fans. So keep loving k-solo signed album and other good Nigeria musics.

4 comments:

  1. I swear, I luv dis guys speech..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobatan,K-Solo said it all, ℓ knew never 4 N̩̥✽̤̥̣̣̣̣ reason Ѧ man would Distroy ɪ̣̝̇S̤̥̈̊ own marriage but remember boss people talk about Ʊ when D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ feel Ʊ re making ur way nd tank G̶̲̥̅̊ΘD̸̸̮̮̃ 4 Ʊ re not weak to defend urself. ℓ gbadun Ʊ boss SDQSodex say S̴̩☺̴̩̩̥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obaksolo u r a very humble person.Hes not snobbish at all o.u nailed and murdered it people shld learn to ind their business

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before a man hits his wife, ask, what did his wife do. Someone as God fearing and Nice as K-Solo, would not happily break his marriage. The life of a Celebrity means that you have no privacy, but people should actually learn to mind their business, face your own life. Let's Celebrate K-solo, the man behind Paul play Dairo's Angel of my life video, let's celebrate the man behind Timaya, let's celebrate the man behind Thy-Ann, focus on the good. Learn not to judge!!!! Peace!!!

    ReplyDelete