Friday 22 June 2012

Wadup Naija Interview with 5mics

Stanley Ikebgulam popularly known as 5mics,Whose New single,Blessing feauturing Brymo,is ruling the airwaves.He is one of the fastest growing rapper in Nigeria...........5mics shares with Wadup Naija his passion for Music and sheds more light on other issues in this Interview.


What are your fulnames?

Stanley ikegbulam


How did you come about the Stage name 5mics?

Its a title, for hotels its 5star, for the army is 5star... So for hip-hop its 5mics... Meaning Classic! Asides the fact ma niggaz gave me the name after winning a freestyle competiton called 5mics back then."5mics" is also earned by known rap acts in the likes of Nas, Jay-Z etc. mostly identified wif hiphop acts and source mag.


Can you let us into ur background?

Born into a family of 5, 3 boys 2 girls, from Imo state (ibo kwenu!!! )..... from rapper to a scholar. I went through primary school education in the city of Lagos, secondary education also in Lagos then went ahead to study Business Administration at the University of Abuja.


What was your growing up like?

WHAT???!!  Am from the streets nigga!!! I deal and sell Drugs to pay school fees!!! Hahhahhaha *jokes ooo*

It was ok! I would say I was spoilt being the first, but then again I searched for independence a lil early and more after chasing my dream in music! But overall I had a decent life, my folks made sure I was sorted, even wen It was hard and I knew at that little age they made sure it didn't get to me and I love and respect them forever for that.

At what point did you go into music professionally?

When I released my single and mixtape about 2006/07

Many musicians when asked how they got into music will tell u they started from the church choir,Did you cut your Teeth from there too?

Well funny enough same here! Nigerians we are very religious so our folks raised us so! I use to sing n do drama with ma church FourSquare Gospel church back in day... I was quite good at it too. But the "STREETS" got me into rap lol.

Career in music,How did your parent reacts to ur decision to play music?

Not too well cos I left the church? And they felt it was gona affect my school, but deep down inside they knew I was going to do music cos I love it... Dey had tapes of me dancing well to raskimono n Micheal Jackson back in day and I was like 2 or 3.. Dey just had to respect my passion and that's after promising them I would complete everything I have to about Education...lol


What is 5mics Working on Right now?,Any new Single or Album?

Yeah new single.. Had one with brymo wich was banging.. Now have a new one ELEVATING which is doing great!.. Videos coming soon

What is your Unique selling point?

My positive music, am real, what I sing people can Identify with and it cuts across all ages its all coming from the heart.


Who is your Role model in the Entertainment industry? ,And y?

 JayZ... His lyricism, wit and business sense

There is speculation that most celebrities are snobbish,are u also a snob?

Naa am not, lol I jus pick my days though, I mite be wild today and next am mute! But most times artiste tend to want to please everybody all the time, its our gift but tasking.. That moment when we wana take sometime off to ourselves, some fan becomes a victim then tagged snobbish.. Most times that's not the case lol well let me speak for myself haha

What Advice has sustained you in life,Who gave you the Advice?

Well to be positive n envision myself doing great and achieving my dreams, prayers, determination, hardwork, patience and focus!..... Experience and my enviroment over the time have bin my biggest advicers

Where do you want to be in the 2years?

Doing BIG!!! Playing the Big Leagues

What do you have to say to your Fans?

Work hard, pray hard, nothing is impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment