Tuesday 26 June 2012

Wadup Naija Interview with Zee

 Zakeh Maria Ekpong a.k.a Zee whose hit single,"OLOMI" featuring Rayce  is presently ruling the airwaves in Nigeria and other part of the world,She Shares with Wadup Naija her Background and passion for Music...........


What are your fulnames?

Zakeh Maria Ekpong

How was growing up like?

Growing up was fun at the begining..I'm the last of 3kids.I have a brother and a sister.My dad was a pilot with the Nigerian airforce and though he was kinda strict,We always had what we wanted as kids.but he died and then things where not so easy anymore with just my mum taking care of us..but we all grew up strong *smiles.
  
How did you develop your passion for music?

I always loved music growing up....especially rap because I was closer to my brother than I was to my sister so I used to listen to his tapes with him and before u know it I'm spittin bars from the tape *laughs

At what point did you decide to take music as a profession?

Though I had a thing for rap music,I never thought I'd become a rapper,I was actually a backstage dancer with XXL Entertainment, a management company that used to manage vector and pype and then one day,the CEO of the management heard me spitting some eminem bars and then he made me write 16bars with vector supervising.it turned out very good and I was encouraged!.I decided to go into music fully after my 1st stage performance in unilag around 2006.I had people cheering at me.it was very encouraging

Do you have any Album yet?

No,I don't have an album yet, just a few singles out and a couple of collabos here and there

Record Label?

I am not signed to any label yet.Though I have a work relationship with capitalhill music..

How  was it working with Rayce on your new single Tagged “OLOMI”

Chai!!..Rayce!!! Hmmm..I had to run a long race to catch him.It took a while to get him to the studio but at the end it was worth the wait. I'm so happy how the track turned out and thanks to the wonderful producer EmmyACE (hugs).

How do you rate your fellow Female artistes”

No female rapper is smiling again ooo..we are taking our spot and we are here to stay (laughs). From blaise to muna ,pryse who is really underated and some other female artistes everyone is doing great trust me

Who is your role Model...And why?

That would be clarence peters.I think he is the best video director in nigeria and yet he doesn't sleep or feel he has done enough.I admire his spirit alot

Apart from music what else do you love to do?

I love to dance (covers face) and on the serious side I do business  

What is your typical day like?

I get up and I'm either off to the studio or meeting up with an appointment and when I'm not doin this I'm probablly chilling with friends and having fun..or disturbing my fans on twitter :D

What are your Aspirations?

I aspire to be sucessful as an artiste and also as a Business woman...I will have my own label someday God willing 

Do you have any regret in life?

None what so ever

Any last word for your fans?

Prayers and hardwork...that's the key..let No one fool you.

No comments:

Post a Comment