Sunday 26 August 2012

Wadup Naija interview with Dekumzy


OSONWA DEREK a.k.a Dekumzy,Eastern Hit Factory Giant…A force to reckon with,He has Showcased his mastery of the blend of highlife,Afro beat,Dance hall and a host of other Genres…The brain behind hit tracks like Yori Yori by BRACKET…Kererenke by STORMREX…Who get that thing by Dekumzy …
What are your full names?

Osonwa Derek

Where you from?

I am from Awka ,Anambra State

How did you develop your passion for production?

I started as a pianist…I played piano in my church and fellowship and the rest is history….

How did you come about your nickname “Dekumzy”?

I don’t really remember but I know I just started calling myself that when I wanted to form a family.

What is your genre of music?

R&B



Whats your unique selling point?

I make the unique sound to suite every artiste that comes my way

You have Been off the scene for some time now…..What Happened?
I left the camera to go behind it so as to make other stars…I went for more production

Did you ever think “Who get that thing” was going to be a hit?

I knew it would be a hit  but not the way it actually turned out to be

Did you also form the group “Desperate Chicks”?

Yes I did

Is it true that they have spilt?
Yes
Can you share more light?

Actually one of them went to law school and their time was up because they had time to move on and go solo so  another group will be formed

Who is your Role model and why?

Timberland………I like his sounds

Which other Nigerian producer  do you respect his production?

Don Jazzy


Apart from Music what else do you love to do?

Watching Movies

What should your fans be expecting from you soonest?

Greater things because now am in front of the camera so I will be saying and showing a lot of things

Do you have any regret in life?

Well I don’t…I Think everything has its reason and purpose
Any last word for your fans?

Life is about choice …What you put in is what you will get…Always put your best in everything you do

No comments:

Post a Comment